Friday 31 March 2017

PolyFest 2017

 WALT: Reflect on what we did at polyfest.

Have you ever been to a sleepover?or to poly fest or even too the panmure pools.The year 7 and 8’s had the opportunity to do all of this in week 7 just in two days.

On Thursdays 16th of March we had the opportunity to attend this year's poly fest at manukau sports bowl,Polyfest is known to be the biggest polynesian festival in the world.’’That's really cool aye’’?As soon as we got there I saw lots and lots of students from other different schools around Aotearoa, But what took my mind away was the yummy food all lined up and waiting for people to buy them.To me I was not that happy as we were walking by some stages because hardly of the Schools weren't performing then,But then I heard a big noise coming from the Diversity Stage we were off,as we made our way in and looked up I thought it was a herd of sheeps as all of the chairs were packed of people sporting their schools.

I thought the South African and Fijian dances were amazing because this was my first time seeing how they tell their stories through dancing.To me I felt happy and heartwarming when I saw all of them putting 100% into their performances,to me it tells me where ever you come from you should be proud of it because it makes the person inside of you stronger and also everyone's Cultures are different to each other and you should be proud to show the world where you come from and how unique you are.

Please leave a comment and I'll be back to you ASAP.Thankyou.



Cook island Stage.



                                                                   Tongan Stage.



Samoan Stage.  



1 comments:

Unknown said...

Kia Ora Siale!

I am Jazire, one of your blogging buddies in the Quad Blogging team.
I like the pictures and formats you used in your paragraph.

Post a Comment